Sunday, July 13, 2008

We are in orbit...

Aaron here...Liz and Sam are napping so I am going to post some stuff.

It took several hours, but things calmed down last night around Midnight. It was very difficult to make the transition home, and it started to feel like we weren't prepared and didn't know what we were doing... Sam was so easy going at the hospital that we probably got a little too confident.

So once we figured out he was too warm (duh!) we were able to settle back into a good 3 hr cycle of feeding, changing, wake time, and sleeping. I had very little sleep at the hospital and was feeling very zombie-like. I have had a lot of trouble being able to relax enough to sleep while Sam sleeps. This started in the hospital by not being able to take my eyes off of him for the first 24 hours. And the past few days when I did try to sleep I was too concerned about Sam's well-being to fully relax. Anyhoo, Liz got an adrenaline rush late last night, so i was more comfortable falling asleep for an hour or so during Sam's sleeping. Later Liz and I were even able to sleep at the same time! I am also feeling less nervous and scared about my new responsibilities as one of Sam's Protectors as time goes on. Things are starting to feel a kind of normal... And i am awake this morning feeling pretty good with 5 hrs of sleep under my belt.

We have wonderful friends here in Lafayette. Some of them were able to come by to visit us in the hospital... and took care of our dogs... and made us food...gave us hugs... and welcomed Sam with gifts. Below is a photo of some food our friends Tain and Ingrid gave us. The carrot juice is AWESOME, and we will break into the casserole later today. Our friends Esteban and Stephanie showed up with the card and wildflower bouquet with basil from Stephanie's garden. They came alive once we took them home and I used some of the fresh basil to make Liz some breakfast potatoes. Our friends Nick and Ashlea also showed up at the hospital with coffee for me. Also after the craziness at home last night i checked our phone messages. Nick had left a message that they also had some food prepped for us. It was such good timing. It reminded me that we will never be entirely alone while we help Sam grow.



There's couple other photos. A few more from while at the hospital. Liz got Sam some pretty cute leg warmers. Check out those feet!
And Sam at home in his crib. Fuzzy head.


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Awww! Thanks for more pics, Aaron! :) Loving hearing all about little Sam!