Monday, July 14, 2008

Four days old...

So far so good! Today has been a great day. Our schedule has been consistent, with feedings and diaper changes and SLEEP. Yes, REAL sleep. And our little Sam had his first doctor's visit. Doc thought Sam might be a little yellow so she had another jaundice test. Test came back with flying colors -- should be A-Ok!

Nick & Ashlea came by to bring us some more yummy food -- thanks guys!

Grandpa Erlewine is now having some nice bonding time with the open-eyed and alert little guy. Meg is making dinner for us all.

I'm still in pain throughout my body, but it isn't too overwhelming. I'm sure anxious to heal, but I guess it's only been 4 days and giving birth is a pretty big ordeal.

Breastfeeding update: All is going well. Last feeding left me feeling fairly sore, though. It's funny how if I think about feeding my breasts feel extra tender or sore. Anyway, I think we were still able to get some good latch-ons; one side it even sounded like the textbook feeding where the initial latch hurts but the following feeding is relatively painless. The other side not so easy, but still no blood and no chapping so I'm feeling confident.

Some more pics!!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures say a thousand words. I'm so happy you can all be together during this special time.
love
sally

Rachel said...

Awww. Yay! Auntie Meg makes an appearance. :D So glad you all are settling in.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous!! Glad things are going better. I'm sure Grandpa is in awe of his first grandchild!

Stephanie said...

those are the sweetest pics in the history of pics :)

Anonymous said...

wow, i think he is already looking older? or maybe it is his awesome THREADS!