Wednesday, July 9, 2008

41 weeks

Nothing to say, but I am officially 41 weeks pregnant. Not everyone can say they've made it to this point. Maybe I need to start looking at this in a new light -- what an accomplishment I've made, right?!!

I'm having some crampy contractions this morning. Maybe it will mean something. At this point I'm not counting on it. Probably just indigestion from all the spicy chili and cajun food from yesterday! Well I'll probably time them anyway. Keep your fingers crossed.

I got a new book yesterday so I'm going to try hard to sink into that for some nice distraction. My goal for the day is to NOT read about pregnancy. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

@nne said...

Oh, Liz, I can almost feel your pain. Charlie was late and showed NO sign of coming out. Due to my diabetes, they did induce. But, if I had left it to nature, I might have been in the spot you are.

Alice was induced 2 weeks early due to my pre-hyperclampsia. I didn't have it full-blown, but my BP was 170 and they (the high risk team) didn't want to mess around.

It must be hard, but hang in there. You know what made me feel better -- swimming. Gentle swimming--breaststroke. I was weightless and it seemed to "open" things up. Mostly, I felt more relaxed.

Thinking about you and I know that everything is just fine. Love to you and Aaron and the baby boy.

Here is my new work blog. Nothing much, but thought you might be interested. Maybe I'll create a personal one, later.

http://srtsolutions.com/blogs/annejackson/default.aspx

P.S. I just mentioned your pregnancy to my coworker Jay (your age group). His wife was 5-6 days over her date. They have a beautiful baby girl.

xxoo, Anne