Thursday, July 3, 2008

no news is good news?

Opted not to have my cervix checked. Fetal monitoring was sorta fun. The guy moved all around and gave a variety of heart rates and seems oh-so healthy and comfy in there. If I still haven't gone into labor by next Thursday's appointment, I'll have the doc strip my membranes (sorta separate the amniotic sac from the uterine walls or something like that). That has a 50/50 chance of starting labor in the next day or two. Doc says she can usually tell too whether it stands much chance of working after she does it. Hopefully we won't even need to do it!

Other than that, things are going pretty well. Lunch in the park was nice, my family got here OK, we had dinner at Outback Steakhouse. Now I'm working on getting our Internet set up with the old router dad brought (think we've got it figured out). Aaron has been fighting off a cold and today I have a bit of a sore throat. Maybe I will have a cold while going into labor. Fun!!

Oh, and I wanted to find a four-leaf clover to put in our baby book...yesterday I went for a walk and found 6!...thought that might be a sign, but no labor yet!

And we have a cucumber or two that we can pick, and little tomatoes starting. Yeah garden.

No comments: