Thursday, July 10, 2008

5:18 am

Ok, so things are still happening. Here's the scoop:
At 4:20 or so I got Aaron up. I dunno, it's not that I couldn't get through the contractions without him, and I did want to let him sleep, but I needed someone to talk to about what I was feeling so that I could try to determine if this could be labor.

We timed contractions for another 30 minutes or so and found them to be about 3 minutes apart. Still nothing I had to totally stop and breathe through, and I can't seem to figure out how long exactly they last. They say they should last a minute but how do I know exactly when they end? I guess the pain isn't that long.

Anyway I called the doc. The lady who answered (nurse?) wasn't very friendly, but I guess it's a lousy shift to be working. Anyway she had the on-call doctor call me and he said to wait another hour and if it's still going on to go into the hospital. Well I guess I'll wait for another 30 minutes. I hope it doesn't stop. It's been 3 minutes since I started this post and I haven't had another contraction, so who knows. I took a shower. I can't seem to sleep because the contractions hurt pretty bad when I lie down.

I guess even if this stalls out, SOMETHING has to be happening, and I would think by this afternoon's appointment we'll have made some significant progress.

Ooooh, here comes the contraction. 5:22 am. Ouch. I think this has to be the real thing. But we'll see.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh! This post sounds promising Liz! Good luck today. Your blog fan club is cheering you on. :D

Anonymous said...

Some signs are pointing to 2:43 pm...

orangek8 said...

Wheee!

Anonymous said...

!!!

Amy E. said...

Yay, Liz! Your Ohio fan club is rooting for you too.

@nne said...

Go, baby, go!

Sending love and a big push your way.

Aunt Anne

sadie said...

I don't think Liz will mind if I tell you, her faithful readers, that she is still in the hospital, still in labor, as far as I know. We last heard from her around 2:40, after having received the epidural. We hope to hear more soon!!

--her sister sarah