Wednesday, July 16, 2008

he is perfect

so i know i've spent a lot of blog time on my various pains and difficulties. the truth is this blog has been a really useful way for me to vent some of my worries and concerns so that they don't take over. i will continue to whine and complain about this pain or that pain, but for now this post will just talk about some of the good stuff going on, because there's a whole lot of that too!!

part of me felt the day would never happen, that we would never meet our son. it has only been 6 days, so part of me still feels as though i'm in some surreal dream world that started once we got to the hospital. i still cannot comprehend the magical thing of birth, or even pregnancy for that matter. i just look at my son with complete awe and amazement. he is the most perfect thing i have ever seen. i am enamored with every little nook and cranny of his tiny little body -- his perfect little nail beds, his wrinkly feet, the super soft lanugo fuzz that still remains on his shoulders...i could go on and on. my life seems to have purpose when i can see that it is my touch and my voice that provides him comfort. and to hold him and touch his skin to mine provides me with all the comfort in the world.

so far sam is a very calm fellow. rarely have we seen a lot of crying that we cannot resolve without toooo much trouble. he feeds well, he sleeps well. his awake time makes him seem like the most alert and profound new life.

grandpa erlewine and aunt meg went back to michigan today, so the new family is taking some lazy leisure (and healing) time. it feels great. thanks go out to all of you for your supportive and congratulatory comments, food, gifts, and love. my head is pretty cloudy from being drugged up, but it makes the rest of me feel better and helps with the sleep. i got a lot of sleep last night and a nap this morning. will probably steal some more sleep this afternoon.

in short: life is good. check out our little sam in action, and see the pics below.








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh he is just so beautiful. WOW!!! Thanks for posting your birth story, too. It was great. You did so well with everything. And you sound like you are adjusting well. Please keep posting when you can! And get in touch if you want to talk mom stuff...in a few months when you can actually imagine doing anything but staring at your perfect, gorgeous, lovely little man.

Stephanie said...

sooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute :) keep the pics and video comin!!

@nne said...

Wow....he's grown already! Such amazing photos.

I can see that Sam is already communicating the next generation of the manual alphabet - hand signs. Shoulder action, too. What a quick learner! (re: blog02 and 03.jpg)

It sure beats the current ones..so old school!

love, anne

orangek8 said...

EEEE look at his FACE!!!!! is that a dimple I see??? He is wonderful.