Thursday, July 3, 2008

+1 (no action)

As expected, the day has come and gone with not much to speak of. It was an ok day filled with enough distractions so that I wasn't too down about passing my due date. Aaron, however, has become increasingly anxious. I didn't anticipate that!! I feel bad but there just isn't much we can do except wait. We have a doctor's appointment in a couple of hours -- my first "past due"and "oh, we hope you don't need this one!" appointment. It will be about an hour long as I will have my normal check ups and then will spend some time on the fetal monitor to make sure everything is going ok and to measure my contractions. I'm really curious to see what that is like, though I feel very confident that all they will say is "everything looks ok!! he just needs some more time to bake!" and I'll see them again next week.

I keep reminding myself that even if I still have to wait two weeks to meet my new guy that that's ok and really not much time in the whole time line of pregnancy, and well, parenthood.

I may post later after the doc appointment to let you know how things have progressed. After the appointment we're all going out to lunch and then if the weather permits we might take a walk in the park (the park which is just oh-so conveniently located across the street from the hospital!!) . This morning is thick and rainy and the weather should be cooler today.

Meg, Dad, and Sarah also arrive today to start moving Meg into the place next door, so that's fun. Again, at least I'll have company to distract me while I wait for the ever-elusive "contractions that increase in intensity" or "contractions that are 3-5 minutes apart, 1 minute in length" or "your water breaks, which feels like you peed your pants, either in a big gush or maybe a steady leak"...

1 comment:

Amy E. said...

I love the quotes from all the baby books. When Elise was due, Dan's parents showed up about 3 or 4 days before the due date because it was the quarter break for his mom. She was determined to get my labor started. So she marched me up and down all the hills around Austin and fed me spicy foods. It was hilarious! And best of all, distracting, once the day came and went. Hope the monitoring test goes well!