Sunday, July 6, 2008

deliver...deliver...can you deliver?

Here I am, 4 days past my due date. My mother-in-law leaves tomorrow morning and it is looking more and more likely that she will not get to meet her new grandson.

I am feeling tired, sad, and depressed. Last night I had a number of good contractions -- it was the first time I could really time them even. They weren't *that* strong or painful, but some where crampy and they were noticeable and seemingly regular. When I woke up for bathroom breaks at night, they continued to seem regular. Yet when I woke up around 7:30 they seemed to be lessening in frequency and intensity. I couldn't get back to sleep because I was so bummed. I had really thought this might be it.

So I took a walk this morning and have had some contractions so far today, but nothing really of note. I'm feeling sleepy, sad, and I guess a little bit awkward. Perhaps the big day will be today though, there is still no telling. I'm having a contraction now...could this be the start? I guess I just don't think so.

I'm also sort of battling a little cold -- did I mention that yet? Maybe I did. I don't know. It's not bad but it's annoying to be so pregnant, expecting to go into labor any moment, feeling depressed, and then feeling sick too. I had been cutting back on my pre-natal vitamins because of digestion issues late in pregnancy, so I've started up with those again thinking maybe that has something to do with my weakened immune system. Then again, there just seems to be a bug going around and Aaron has been fighting it off for over a week.

Anyway, I guess that's all. Because I don't want to get sick, I think today will be pretty uneventful. Went for a nice morning walk, made waffles, now I think I'll go lie down for a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chin up, Liz. Easier said than done, I know. Especially when the family that was all there is now leaving... But when that little guy decides he's ready to make his grand entrance into the world, you will be so consumed with love for him, that everything else will just not matter.