Wednesday, August 13, 2008

no sleep today

Maybe Sam has decided he's too big for sleep! At this moment he is enjoying maybe his third or fourth 30 minute nap of the day. This little guy should be sleeping like 7 hours a day! I sure hope this means a good sleep tonight. It sure has made for a long and tiring day! Last night I was sorta lazy burping him, so I think gas made him really fussy in the morning. Then he finally got through that but just didn't want to sleep in the afternoon. Maybe he was too tired? I dunno. Some sources say at 11 lbs a baby will start to sleep through the night. ha ha. He isn't bad at night though, he knows it's time for sleep. He will at least give two good three hour stretches back to back, waking only for food and change and he goes right back to sleep. I guess that's pretty cool.

Anyway, who could get mad at this face?

7 comments:

margaret e said...

Wow, he really is big! Yeah mamma's milk.

Anonymous said...

He looks terrific. Such a big boy at one month.
hugs to all
sally

Anonymous said...

wow, he looks so boyish! meowww!

Unknown said...

i hope sufyan didn't call him and remind him that babies don't have to sleep...maybe sufyan told him that he was missing out when he went to sleep! maybe sufyan and sam are on the phone when they are not sleeping...
and Sam is sooooo perfect, by the way. what a handsome little man!

Marie the ginger foxxx said...

he is starting to look like a chubby aaron!!

Iotis said...

Awww, what a big cutie-pie -- don't those gummy baby grins make you melt? I had to laugh at 11 pounds being the magic weight for a baby to sleep through the night. I remember finding the same stat and watching 11 pounds come and go with no change in my babies' sleep habits! I know the sleep thing can be rough and grueling, but Sam will get there. :) Even my terrible sleepers eventually made it!

Amy E. said...

I love his cheeks! Elise had beautiful big cheeks when she was a baby too.