Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Dad is home today.

Yesterday was rough. Actually, the day was ok. But Aaron went to pick our friend Juan up from the airport, so I basically had Sam duty all day long. I feel like I should be able to handle such things. But I was pretty much at my wit's end by the end of the day. Sam was super fussy for like three hours straight, and we both ended up screaming at each other. Finally we got to sleep. And then once Aaron got home we even had a four-hour stretch of sleep. FOUR HOURS!! unbelievable. He's a good kid, I'm just a struggling mom. Anyway, I asked Aaron to stay home with me today because I seriously thought I wouldn't be able to handle another day like that. Who cares if I SHOULD be able to do all this on my own, right now I need support, and Aaron was happy to have a reason to skip out on work anyway. Heck, it's his last week and he has FMLA available, even if it is unpaid.

In other news: The Maya Wrap Arrived!! It is still complicated (the rules say it's like riding a bike -- why does a carrier have to be such a learned skill?? It even comes with an instructional DVD!) but it seems a little more user-friendly than the Moby. It does not distribute the weight as well though. Anyway, so far I'm glad I got it.

Maya!

Sam in the cute stuff Esteban's mom made for him!!



Sam and Mom.

Sometimes I think I already annoy and upset him since I can't always keep my cool when he is crying. Man, he gets all red with these super pouty lips. It's pretty cute. But super frustrating. Sigh. This is the beginning of our Mother/Son relationship. But I do also make him pose for cute pictures with me, so if he doesn't remember what really happened, at least he'll know we had some fun too.

1 comment:

Amy E. said...

The stress of the first months is rough. I yelled at Elise for crying on occasion too. Hang in there!

I love the crocheted (knit?) jacket thing. So cute.