Saturday, August 2, 2008

keep on keepin' on


I guess I don't have much to post! I suppose that is a good thing.

The house is quiet again, and Aaron and I have had a pretty relaxed day. Aaron ran some errands, did some dishes, made sure we ate; I got a nap in, did some laundry, swept... Not much to report! I think I am feeling a little more comfortable with responding to Sam's cries, though sometimes I still get really frustrated (like when he woke me from my very enjoyable nap!) but it seems it takes me less time to calm him.

I have sterilized the pump parts so I will begin my experiments in milk pumping in the near future. I have also ordered a new baby carrier. I am having some success with the Moby, but sometimes I think he gets positioned weird. Like today, when I took him out his poor little legs were all purple so he must not have had very good circulation! I won't give up on it, but it is a wee bit complicated. I have ordered a Maya Wrap so we'll see how that goes. I wish I knew of a place in town to try them out, but alas, I do not. Plus I don't get out much as of late! Anyway, both of these wraps are highly recommended so worth a shot. There is always eBay if I don't end up using them...

Tomorrow we are going to Tain & Ingrid's, so that will be good to get me out of the house. They have a new apartment too, so I'm excited to see it.

In other news, I have certainly had some neurotic mother moments in recent days (or maybe hours) but I will save that for another post. For now I'm sleepy.

No comments: