Monday, March 31, 2008

Show Is Up!

After a good night's sleep, I went to the gallery to sort out the projector problem and make sure the monitor got everything turned on ok. The gallery coordinator was there and it turns out the gallery recently acquired a digital projector that I can use for my show! So I switched the projectors and now the image looks GREAT. I'm very pleased. I also got my price list in the gallery, and schmoozed with some design guy who might be interested in my work (to buy? i dunno, it was kind of vague). Pricing artwork is a really awkward and difficult thing to do, but I decided to just price things cheaply for this show, hoping some stuff will sell. I'm not looking forward to figuring out how to store a dozen human-sized stuffed animals.

You can see a few more images at my flickr page. I will take more photos tonight and post them when I can.

I now plan to take a nap and work on my presentation. My defense is tomorrow at 2, and Wednesday at noon is my presentation/gallery talk. I'm scared for both of these events, but I guess they should be ok.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Congrats and good luck with the last few steps! You can totally do it. Remember, you're not alone with bouncing baby boy always with you. That's way better than facing a jury alone. ;)

Anonymous said...

WOW, your artwork is terrific. We love the colors and a wonderful medium for your imagination. I'm sure that all will go well tomorrow and on Wednesday and will be cheering you from a distance.
hugs
sally

Liz said...

thanks guys!