Tuesday, June 3, 2008

36 wks - doc update

Went to the doc today! All is healthy and well!! I am measuring just 33 cm I think, but doc says that's OK because he has ENGAGED!! Meaning I was right, he has dropped into the lower pelvic cavity in preparation for the big day. She said I am even 1 cm dilated so that's cool!! Doesn't mean too much -- birth could still be five weeks away, but it's still neat to know that my body is doing what it needs to do to make this thing happen. I had my Strep B test today and will get the results for that next week or so. I will now start seeing the doc every week.

Thursday is our second Lamaze class. Maybe I will finally remember to bring my camera somewhere and have some pictures for you. I forgot to mention the guy in my class that is JUST like Eugene Levy so Aaron and I are excited to watch him this week.

And two more exciting bits of news:
Our friends Ingrid & Tain are staying in Lafayette for at least another year!! Tain got a cool job for the Nanotech something-or-other dept. at Purdue and they are stickin' around. AWESOME.

AND...

Aaron got into grad school! CONGRATS TO AARON!! He is going to start his MFA in ETB (electronic and time-based media) at Purdue in the fall. He will get to quit his mind-numbing office job! WAY TO GO DAD!!

So lots of exciting news here in W Lafayette. We also bought a snazzy red arm chair and are finally getting the house to be a little bit less like a storage unit and more like a home.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

CONGRATS, daddy aaron!!!! :)

....i can't believe the baby comes so soon! Seems like just yesterday you were sharing the big news!

Anonymous said...

great news all around. Good for you Aaron and the baby news is the best "normal" news ever. I'm so happy for the three of you.
hugs
sally

Anonymous said...

I totally remember when Sufyan "dropped". It was such a weird feeling...and I was excited because it meant he was on his way. Good for you!