Wednesday, June 11, 2008

37 weeks!!

Well I will post more after the doc appointment tomorrow, but I couldn't resist the urge to announce that I am officially 37 WEEKS pregnant!!!! That's awesome news because it means the pregnancy is now considered "full-term". The little one will continue to develop over the next few weeks (particularly his lungs), but as far as the medical world is concerned, if he were born today he would not need special NICU care or anything like that (unless there are other complications we aren't aware of). I will not be going into premature labor!!

In other news: Our friends Nick & Ashlea are getting married on Saturday, so that's fun. Aaron and I have been putting together some song lists to play during dinner and the reception, so that's been lots of fun, and we're helping however else we can. It really is a family and friend event so it should be great, and I'll just see how long I can last, ha ha. The wedding is at 4:30 with reception following... I can probably make it until 9, right??

I am now sort of on my own homemade maternity leave. I have a ton of unused vacation hours at work and my contract ends this month so I have to use 'em or lose 'em. Therefore I just worked two days this week, will work two days next week, and then take a week off, and work one more day. Oh, and my work days are four-hour days. Pretty sweet. But he*l, I'm 9 months pregnant and I guess I deserve some lazy home time before my life changes forever, right? I still have ten hours of vacation time I won't be using, as well as 18 unused sick days so I really don't have to go to work at all, but I do hope they are still considering hiring me in the fall (the job is still in the works but should still be a go -- it has been approved by one office but now they are going back and forth with HR to get the job description approved for posting).

Ooooh and my brother is off to Australia today!! I bugged him over and over to make sure I had a way to contact him if the big day happens while he's over seas. Guess it isn't really that different than him being in California, but we both felt different about it and wanted to be able to get in touch. He comes back before the end of the month, so I think he'll be in the states when I give birth, but we'll just have to see.

Any guesses on birth dates?? Comment if you have any. As of late I'm going with July 3rd...

4 comments:

Rachel said...

July 3rd is Don's birthday! He'd be so honored! So I'll second that date with you in a very biased, unscientific guess. ;)

Unknown said...

Hi Liz, Aaron, and baby! I can tell you're getting excited, Liz, because you are so chatty -- it's great to read your thoughts. I guess July 4 (sorry Rachel and Don). I just had to go with that celebratory day. I thought you were delivering in June (sounds like pizza!) not July. I'm honored that it is July because I'm July 18th. Love you guys -- Anne

Unknown said...

Oops... This is Anne, writing under Alice, I guess. How did that happen? Must be signed in somehow as her....sigh, computers. --ANNE

Liz said...

Well I could be delivering in June! Official due date is July 2nd. They say most full-term births are between 38-42 weeks. That's a pretty big window and for me means anytime between June 18 - July 16. They will probably induce me around 42 weeks if I haven't given birth by then. Pretty exciting!!