Monday, June 30, 2008

2 days...

Baby is as snug and happy as ever, kicking and rolling around in my belly. I feel like he's lower, based on my shape and his shape as he moves around. The past two nights when I go to bed (and a bit throughout the day) I get lots of pressure down in my pelvis and I like to think he's figuring out how to make his way out. Yet I've had nothing but the regular (and a few extra strong) braxton hicks contractions. He'll decide when he's ready. I am anxious but have finally been able to really occupy myself thinking of other things, so I think that's good.

Physically I sure get achy lately: knuckles slightly, tail bone, and occasionally my hips. Heartburn is not uncommon, either, though that did improve after he dropped. I forgot to mention how I knew he had dropped (though he continues to move lower) because finally I could yawn!! There were months were I simply could not complete a yawn. How sad and dissatisfying! Also, I have mentioned the round ligament pain, I think. That's one I forget to talk about because it is very sporadic. But it is really strange and is like someone jabbing a knife right in your hip joint, where your thigh meets your pelvis. It's awful. I feel bad because I will be happily walking about doing something around the house and then it will hit and I'll double over and let out a yelp and Aaron will spin around "Are you OK??!!"...I wish I could tell him it was the start of the real thing, like a nice big contraction or my water breaking or something...

I am thinking I should not have all these count downs to the due date. I am pretty sure this will be a due date that will come and go with little action. Oh well. I do keep trying to eat foods that are good for promoting labor, and I'm sipping away on some raspberry leaf tea, but I know these things won't do much if he's not ready.

I have some projects I need to finish up and then I go in for my last day of work today. My contract officially ends after today! It has been a good two years in the archives!! I still don't know if I will have a job there in the fall. I hope so and I think so, but I don't know anything more about it. It will be really really hard to go back to work I bet. But I'm not sure I have much of a choice.

Shortly after work today, Aaron's mom will get here. I think we're going to make pizza for dinner. I am home for the rest of the week, of course, as I will be officially unemployed, so I hope she and I can find lots of fun things to do. I'm thinking lots of labor-favoring walks in the park...

No comments: