Saturday, June 28, 2008

4 days...

The countdown continues! I don't know why I feel like I'm past my due date when I haven't even reached it yet. I felt from the very first doctor visits that my baby was really due after July 2nd, since my cycle is longer than 28 days and so much anecdotal evidence tells you that first babies come "late" (I keep putting late in quotes because we don't really know what's late or early with this stuff). I even read some statistics saying that the longest gestational period is for mothers right around my age (28). Anyway, finally understanding that I'm still PRE due date and it's totally OK to go AFTER the estimated due date, and acknowledging that labor can still come any hour, day, or week, no matter how I think I'm progressing, I'm feeling a little less down. There really is no reason to assume I will need induction, and even if that is the route things take, a long and painful laboring does not take away from this pregnancy nor life with my child.

So as I attempt to distract myself with things other than watching for labor signs, I discovered that our wireless problems are because we didn't have a wireless router after all, but rather had a wireless access point. Glad to know we will be able to have wireless on both computers soon! I have also been plugging along on the freelance project, though that goes a little slower than maybe it should. And of course I wasted time messing with the layout of this blog. I don't know why. I guess just because.

Not much news in West Lafayette. The wait continues and we are very excited. We have the babyseat in the backseat, ha ha, which is both encouraging, exciting, and a little bit silly. But hey, we're ready to go whenever he is.

Here are some recent misc. pics...

Yummy pizza at Tain & Ingrids

Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies I made to bring to Tain & Ingrids

We have a real cucumber growing!! And lotsa little potential cucumbers!

The garden flourishes!

No comments: