Wednesday, June 25, 2008

7 days (week 39)

I am officially 39 weeks pregnant today. My due date is exactly one week from today. It is safely and truly go-time.

Today I feel awful. I don't even know why. It definitely reminds me of PMS moodiness. I feel like nothing is going my way. My dog woke me up whining to a thunderstorm. I used to love thunderstorms, but Clyde fears them so much that he whines and paces the entire house, barking if he hears a clap of thunder. The storm really hadn't started yet, so I figured I better take the dogs out before the rain really picked up. So I took the dogs out in the light rain. Fun - wet dogs.

Then the storm picked up. I had discovered two storms ago that we have a giant leak in our bedroom window. If the rain is very heavy and the wind is strong, the water POURS into the window frame and then floods onto our floor. I have been meaning to call maintenance to repair it, but kept putting it off. Sure enough, the storm got heavy enough that the water began to pour into the window. So I had to move the rugs, haul the bed out of the way, and get the towels ready to clean up the mess. Sigh.

I have also been working on this freelance instructional project where I have to do narrated tutorials. I cannot get a decent sound recording to save my life. It is so frustrating. It's official. The world is against me today.

I did the dishes and swept. That felt good. Then I decided I just needed a nap and things would be better. I slept through Aaron's lunch (usually he comes home and we hang out during lunch). As he left, the dogs were barking like crazy so I got up to see who was at the door and Aaron was on his way out as Fed Ex was delivering his new computer! Exciting! I tried to get back to sleep though, as I was still very sleepy and grumpy, but the dogs had officially woken me up, plus I felt hungry.

I ate some food, the sun was out, things were getting better. I took the dogs out again -- Clyde on the leash, Mabel loose. But the neighbor was at his car and Mabel promptly barked and ran to him. So Clyde started barking. So I yelled to the neighbor "Sorry!! Just a sec!!" I had to put Clyde in because there was no way I could hold on to the barking pulling Clyde AND get Mabel at the same time. I got Clyde inside only to have Mabel trot over to me. Phew. Crisis not too bad, but it's always so embarrassing to be the owner of the unruly dog. Not to mention that I was out in the yard in a big ol' pair of boxer shorts and a "wife beater" tank top and my hair was all wacky from my nap...and don't forget the big ol' pregnant belly. It must have been a lovely sight.

Frustrated with the world, I was determined to get something done. So I called maintenance and they came and fixed the window. I guess I didn't have much to do with that, but at least it's something.

My freelance project remains slow-going. I am again feeling exhausted, sad, and grumpy. I don't think this baby is ever going to arrive.

No comments: