Monday, May 4, 2009

Well. yeah.

I turned it down. I know in my heart it was the right thing for my family. Aaron isn't questioning it all. But I guess I wonder. I still worry what it means for the pocketbook. I told them that I was only available part time. She was pretty sure that they needed some one full time. I said I understood. She said they might be able to do a position of maybe 10 hrs/wk organizing arts events, etc. That would be terrific.

I of course am fully second guessing myself, which, of course I would be doing if I accepted the position too. There are those who think I did the right thing, and those who think I should have taken the position. I guess when it comes down to it, I am just not yet ready to give up on the idea that my husband and I can be the primary care givers to our son.

1 comment:

Amy E. said...

It's a tough decision either way and you're absolutely right-no matter which way you went you would second guess yourself. It seems that parenthood is a lot of what ifs?

I've chosen to go back to work and I've left a lucrative career to stay at home. Personally, I find that staying at home is more satisfying even if it means scraping a bit to make ends meet. You don't get these years back. There will, however, always be another potential job opportunity.