Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Not much to say, really! Things are going well. Sam has officially cut his third tooth. An upper incisor, but not one of the center ones -- the one to the right. Anyway, it has definitely made for some fussy moments and difficult sleep, but things aren't bad. Really, since I'm with him 24/7 the sleep is much more under control, though he does still have his rough moments. But generally, we have a schedule!! He wakes around 8:30, we have breakfast and play. Then around 10:30 he naps for two hours. Then around 3 or 4 he takes another nap for about an hour. Then he goes to bed around 9:30. His waking at night in general is not too bad, unless the teeth are really getting to him. Also, some days have been really hot and I think that makes for difficult sleep too. He wakes up with a sweat spot on the sheets!! Poor baby! He seems to just run hot. Some say teething brings a little fever so maybe that's happening too. I should note that we really don't even try to get him to sleep in his crib these days. It's co-sleeping/sleep sharing all the way. Think what you will, but right now it's the most successful arrangement we've found.

Aaron is working 35 hrs/wk and Sam and I play, sleep, eat, and clean during the day. I haven't gotten into too many of my projects, but I did start a blurb baby book for sam (www.blurb.com) which I can't help devoting too much of my time to. I have started working on text for the astro shirts, and I have also started plans for my new edition of Mumlors. But I haven't started making things.

Memorial Day weekend was nice though. Lots of family time for Aaron, Sam, and I. The weather was great, if a little hot, but we did get Sam a wading pool. Sam thinks water is so much fun!







No comments: