Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Surgery Day Part 2

We're home! Sam did great. He's such a charmer. I am so glad to have it done. I was so optimistic yesterday and before the surgery. Then when he was away from us I nearly had a mini panic attack. Part of me wonders if the panic hit right when he was given the anesthesia or when they were doing the cutting or what. Anyway, seems like Sam is doing A-ok. He cried a lot in the recovery room when he woke up, but as soon as they took the IV out and he got into his pjs he calmed right down. He's sleeping now. When he wakes he'll probably eat again and get a sitz bath.
No stitches because the stitches can lead to infection in that area of the body.

Phew.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Happy news. I woke up this morning knowing that the surgery was over (7:30 Alaska time) and was so relieved to read your blog. Maybe you can get some rest too.
Hugs to all, especially to Sam.

Iotis said...

I'm glad everything went well -- I hope he has a speedy recovery. Honestly, handing my baby off to the nurse to go off into surgery is probably one of the hardest things I've ever done. Hugs to you and Sam -- I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

margaret e said...

That's great! Thanks for posting so promptly.

Amy E. said...

So glad to hear that the surgery went well! Happy belated Christmas!