Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas is coming...

Sam doesn't know about Christmas yet, and I suppose he won't really have the anticipation and excitement for Christmas morning for a while still, but I'm getting him primed for indulging in superficial consumerism from the get go. Well, it's not really that I WANT to do that, but I had to give in and buy a few new toys because he doesn't have many and now he's getting to the age where he really likes to mess with stuff. And it will be fun because he'll like playing with the wrapping paper and "opening" gifts. Anyway, we also wanted to take a Christmas photo to send to family and friends. His Aunt Sarah N. sent him these super-cute Christmas pajamas, so it was time to go over to Aunt Meg's to light a cozy fire and take some cute and some corny pictures. These were some good pics that won't be arriving to you by mail.



We are expecting the Erlewines to do Christmas here in Lafayette this year, but bad winter storms may prohibit some travel -- Michigan was just hit pretty hard. Tom and his girlfriend Jeanette are supposed to arrive TOMORROW so that's great. Haven't seen Jeanette in over a year and we don't get to see Tom too often. I should probably come up with some activities or something. Or at least buy some groceries, haha.

Tuesday is Sam's surgery. We have to leave at 5 and be there by 6:30. His surgery is at 8. Poor little guy.

With all this healthcare activity around me I decided I better FINALLY get myself a primary care physician just in case I get sick or something. So I went on Friday and I like my new doc. She's easy to talk to and helpful. I've been having some headaches lately which isn't normal for me. I described them and she said they sound like tension headaches. Basically told me how much Tylenol I can take, haha, so that wasn't that helpful, but I really think it's something that proper diet and sleep can prevent. And I'm not surprised I'm a little tense these days though. I also talked to her about how I've healed from Sam's birth because I was a little concerned. Turns out I have had some complications in healing so I will go back and see my regular obgyn after the holidays. Hopefully nothing serious. Sigh.

By next Wednesday, I should know whether I get an in-person interview for the Prof. job. I don't expect to hear from the library people until after the holidays. I will of course keep you informed. I haven't been applying for anything else, but will probably resume that once I hear more about these positions. It looks like I will be teaching a class for Purdue over the summer and I cashed out an old small IRA so I think we'll be able to squeak by until Fall. Could be a great chance for me to work on some art/design projects anyway. Yes, I'm ever the optimist.

1 comment:

margaret e said...

Merry Christmas to the sweet round Christmas baby and everyone. Beaming good energy your way, especially for the 23rd.