Friday, December 26, 2008

Post Post


Post surgery and post holiday, Sam is doing great. The day of the surgery, Sam fell asleep during the car ride home and barely woke when I brought him inside. I took off his jacket and put him in his bed and he screamed and then went back to sleep. I thought that's what recovery would be -- sleeping and screaming. But I was wrong! After he woke from his sleep he felt great and was happy jolly normal Sam! He is healing just fine, we just have to let him sit in water at least 4 times a day. Usually we use this netted chair thing in the tub for baths, so he doesn't usually get to sit in the water. So we brought him to the kitchen sink for some sitz baths and he loves it!! He's so cute. These pics are from the day of the surgery.

Christmas was nice. Despite terrible roads in Michigan, all the Michigan family made it down to visit, so that was really nice. They are still here for one more night. Everyone has been preparing the food and feeding me so finally I might get to return the favor tonight (though I think Meg might be doing some cooking too, even though she already made some amazing desserts).

Sam got lots of new clothes and toys from his generous aunts, uncle, and their significant others. Sam and I opened the gifts over a few days and he seemed to have some fun with that.

No comments: