Thursday, December 4, 2008

Not sold on solids

So Sam has been working on more firsts. He has rolled over! This has been going on for at least a week, so I apologize for the lack of update. But there is a funny thing about firsts -- you expect them to be huge and monumental -- and I guess they are, but it's such a gradual thing. I mean, he doesn't regularly roll over yet. He just CAN roll over. But he's getting more and more rolly so I imagine I'll have to prep myself for a mobile baby in the relatively near future.

Last night he was completely reaching for and wanting my dessert again, so I got him some rice cereal today to try his first meal!! I got the cameras out and everything, prepared to see my son delight in food on a spoon. And guess what? He would have none of it!! Not interested AT ALL. It may have just been bad timing (right after the food attempt he took a monster nap so he must have been pretty tired) but he may just not really be ready to move into the world of solid food yet. That's ok with me, he's not even 5 months old. Anyway, I'll try again in a couple of days and will try it at a better time...

Everything else seems pretty status quo. Sometimes sleeps great, sometimes not. His fistula (or whatever it is) hasn't changed -- still sometimes seems to fill with pus and then drain, so we'll see the doctor on the 9th. His skin is really really dry. Currently trying Eucerin creme. I have been bathing him 3 or 4 times a week, so I will cut back to 2 or 3. Poor dry skin.

Also I found some mom groups on meetup.com but I'm not sure I really have the guts to go to some stranger's house to hang out with a bunch of strangers and their strange babies. Hmm.

Here are some cute pics of Sam with Ingrid. She is moving back home to Arizona in a few weeks and will be greatly missed!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Liz! It's Alice! I'd be awesome to visit you sometime. Sam looks really cute!!! Email me at aliduckie72@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Your dessert or rice cereal? Hmm, how would I feel if you offered cereal instead of dessert! :-)

I remember putting unsweetened applesauce in the cereal, helps with the constipation that may occur with solids. Smashed bananas are good too. Even w/o the cereal. I think I mentioned to you that Aaron started on yogurt. But I didn't start until 6months with him. Next thing you know, Sam will want pizza.