Wednesday, December 17, 2008

All done...

Second interview (first for prof job) went a LOT better than the first. It was very short, they just asked me to describe how I met the requirements listed in the job description. Everyone was very nice and saying "great" and "thank you" all over the place. There is no reason based on this interview alone that I won't be invited for the next round of interviews. But nothing is ever quite as simple as that, is it.

Anyway the position is part of a new program they are working to develop in digital illustration. It will be manned by my prev. prof, the painter on the committee, and this new position. I think the main obstacle for me would be if there are other applicants who are accomplished illustrators, since I am not in my work nor training, specifically an illustrator. But that thinking is counterproductive. I can now focus on how I might go about developing a program in illustration so I can wow 'em with my brilliant ideas?

Anyway, it feels like a little success.

Tonight Aaron and I are going on a date. First date in, oh, about 5 months :D

3 comments:

Amy E. said...

Congratulations on the interview and the date! Blah interviews can be so demoralizing. Glad to hear this one felt better. Have fun on your date!

@nne said...

Congrats on the 2nd interview. Obviously if they had you in for two, you are very much in the running.

I sometimes visualize the questions and then try to visualize answering them. This is mostly for the "what are your weaknesses" questions. Always good to admit when you have a shortcoming, but then have the pre-planned way of turning it into a...positive!

I, too, am trying to find a job. My contract position with GM is no longer. I bet you could tell that from the moment I said "GM." I was hoping for an extension on my contract, but they stopped it after 6 months.

So, I will try to follow my own advice very soon. That is, if there are actual interviews forthcoming.

Have a FUN DATE!!!!!

Liz said...

Good luck in your job search Anne! I'm sure you'll find something more reliable than GM.

I did lots of planning and had cheat sheets but interviews have a life of their own. I guess for this one I didn't anticipate the area-specific Qs this woman asked.

I guess the key for me is staying really focused and quick on my feet. If I get flustered by how I answer a question, I can't let it get the best of me. Sigh. We'll see how it all turns out.