Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Good and Bad

Tomorrow I have my interviews. 1:00 pm is the Library interview. That's schedule for an hour -- first half they ask me questions, second half I ask them questions. I'm certain we won't use the full time. The search/selection committee is my old boss, his boss, and then the "new" boss for this position. I know them all. Should be ok. I'm still scared. The second interview is at 4:40. The search committee is my old prof (art history), the head of the art school (music prof), a theatre prof, and a painter. It's only a 20 minute interview. I'm scared. I'm prepping my cheat sheets of strengths and weaknesses and ideal this and ideal that. I can get flustered easily at times, but I can also get into my pretty slick soapbox mode. So hopefully I will do a humble soapbox speech teachnique that allows me to speak clearly and eloquently and be oh-so-delightfully charming. Gag. Interviews suck. Wish me luck.

No one called me back to confirm the appointment with the surgeon. What is wrong with people?? So I called and sure enough it was scheduled, just no one called. Anyway, it's December 23rd at 8 am. We have to get there at 6:30 am, and it takes a little over an hour to get there. He can't eat after 4 am, but he can have clear liquids, which I learned meant pedialyte. I guess I will get some, because this guy still likes to eat every 3 hours or so, so I will want to have something there to fill his tummy if necessary. Haven't done a bottle in a while, so hopefully he still takes them. I'm still working to find out how much it will cost. I never finished filing for the state health insurance. So we are on Aaron's student insurance. It looks like it will cover 80% of the costs, so that's not too bad. I found out that the surgeon fees alone are $1557 for the 10 minute operation, but I don't yet know the facility fees. I left some message on some woman's answering machine and they are supposed to call me back. I don't have confidence that they will call back, however, so I imagine I'll be following up with that tomorrow. Oh, to be a mom.

I did an interview for the local paper for my new little plush guys. It was kind of an awkward interview and I think I had bad hair for the photo. Last time they took my photo my hair was really bad too. Oh well. Maybe it will become my thing. Plush art, bad hair. I can dig it.

Sam is doing well, though he is constipated. I took him off the vitamin and his digestion seemed better but now he seems constipated and I feel bad for him.

Sam is awesome.

No comments: