Saturday, April 4, 2009

Augh Pt 3



Sam had his first big spill yesterday! He crawled off the bed! I am the WORST mom EVER. I totally knew this was a possibility yet did not prevent it from occurring. Augh. let's say that once more AUGH. I'm so shamed I almost didn't blog about this.

Luckily, our guy is super tough. He has a little bruise on his left forearm and a red spot on his noggin. He cried for like 30 seconds and then went right back to being normal. Mom has had a harder time getting over it! You can see the bump on his head in the above pic from today -- it's the red spot near his hairline.

Augh.

Well, in uplifting financial news: We qualified for 100% financial assistance for at least one of our medical bills (the bill for the use of the hospital during Sam's surgery). I am still waiting to hear if they will relieve some of our expenses for the doctor's fees. That, I guess, is a more complicated process so we'll see. We are also getting lots of money from our taxes, thanks to Sam. Children are good for taxes!

I am trying hard to make it a productive weekend, but I always seem to lose my gusto by noon on Saturday. Ha. Well, I guess I will stop blogging and try to get back to my projects since Sam is still napping...

1 comment:

Iotis said...

Nope, sorry -- not even close. :) I let Max pull a dresser down on himself when he was two -- he fractured his femur and was in a body cast for a month. We're lucky it wasn't worse. All of our tall furniture is now secured to the wall (we were going to secure the dresser, but it was new and we just hadn't done it yet).

I'm glad Sam just had a little bump and wasn't hurt. Things happen, no matter how careful you are. Boys will definitely be boys! But, I totally understand how you feel.

How awesome that you're able to get some relief from your medical bills. I hope the doctors fees end up being covered too. Sam is getting so big!!