Monday, April 27, 2009

Taste of Summer


Spirits are lifting. Saturday Aaron checked his email to see a job offer to scan in the Archives -- my initial summer job here that lead to my grad assistantship. Yes, this is the very same department that did not offer me the job they created for me. Sigh. Anyway, it's terrific news. It might only be for a month or two since the budget for the new fiscal year is still up in the air, but something is WAY better than nothing.

Also, the weather has been hot and summery and it's completely making me feel better. Maybe I need to move to a different climate.

Today my students do their final presentations and it's basically the end of the semester. Some awkward odds and ends to resolve for the Coordinator part of my job this semester, but I'm feeling like things are freeing up. I'm also again trying to look at my awkward transition period as a period of opportunity. We'll see how long I stay in this mode of thinking, but I'm happy to have it. And thanks for your well-wishes of course.

New Sam news: He claps! He says "bah" and waves good bye! He also really likes to try to bite noses and is good at climbing all over things.



No comments: