Friday, October 24, 2008

Nuthin'

So I apologize for lack of blog entries but I guess I haven't found much I felt like talking about. Here is a quick update with what's going on with us, though, and some pics...

Sam is still getting bigger. He's really starting to use his hands now, and that's sooo fun. We have started a nighttime routine of bath before bed (not using soap that often) and this seems to work great for getting him to sleep without much fuss. Problem is he gives his long stretch of sleep then and I usually stay up for a couple of hours so by the time I get to bed he starts waking up every 2-3 hours it seems. It may even be 3-4 but lately it's feeling like I'm awake a lot of the night. Sigh. I guess this will pass so I might as well not worry about it. I should get to bed earlier but I have started to like some time at night for some non-baby time. Though I start to miss him while he's sleeping and have to go take a look at him every so often.

I have been sort of coming down from all of the company. All of a sudden it seems I've been entertaining for the past three months!! But it's been great to have all of you visit. It makes me feel loved, even though I know who you really came to see, ha ha. Aaron's sister passed through on her way to Colorado Tuesday night, and my sister will be here tomorrow night.

Still no real job news. I applied for the position and I think the odds are still in my favor, but it probably won't progress for a couple of weeks. My department is currently in the middle of moving to a new space so that will inevitably slow things down.

There is also an Asst Prof in Art position opening in a small university in Indy. It's tenure track too. Anyway, I think I'll go ahead and apply though I'm not sure I'm the ideal candidate.

So that's it for now. Will post after the weekend I think.

Here's the boy...

No comments: