Thursday, October 16, 2008

Final Debate Party!

So for every presidential and vice presidential debate party we get together at Meg's for some great food and political discourse -- or bs anyway. This time we had an amazing meal thanks to Aunt Sally! Alaskan clams and salmon...mmm mmm good. I also made potato bread for the first time, and I decided to use a sweet potato. And Aunt Sally was inspired by Stephanie's blog and made a swedish apple pie. All in all, we just had tons and tons of amazing food. Yummmmm. Thanks Aunt Sally!

Also, the debate was actually much more entertaining than I expected. I really liked the format and the moderating was great. That's all I'll say about politics. Now to the pics!!

Clam Chowder...mmm

Swedish Apple Pie!

Sweet Potato Bread!



Sam is grabbing things more and more too. Yea use of hands!! Still no real rolling. On his back he often rolls to his side, and ONE time I put him on his tummy and he promptly rolled to his back, but never again... We'll get there, little buddy, we'll get there!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

looks delish!!! :)

@nne said...

Oh my gosh, send leftovers my way.

I watched the debate and also thought it was the best one. I have to admit, from my biased perspective no doubt, that I feel for McCain. He keeps bringing up stupid, irrelevant info against Obama. It is a last ditch effort on his part and it is very obvious. btw, Joe the Plumber is actually Sam Joe Wurzelbacher. News stations are, as we speak, standing in line to interview him. What celebrity!

Anonymous said...

Hmm good! I would like the food and company, but I skipped the debate. The Project Runway finale was on!