Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Better mood...


Sorry for my rant previously. I haven't even reread it so I don't know if it is even very coherent. I am in a better mood today though! The job at the library has finally been posted and I swiftly applied. Now we'll see what happens next. Even though I'm feeling good about the job stuff, I still have more bad news to share. First, the description for the library job only asks for an Associates Degree (though that's to be expected after the salary thing). Second, I had a slim chance of getting a teaching job next semester but that fell through because they chose someone else (I didn't expect it to work out though, I mean, I don't think I've even mentioned it on this blog). Neither of these issues is a surprise nor a big deal, but nonetheless they can be a bit of a blow to the ego.

Currently, as for the working/baby care issues, I hope I will get the library job and begin in January. I am now thinking it would be best if Aaron could continue the 1/2-time TA meaning teaching two classes (12 hrs class-time/week). Meg thinks she could babysit Sam for a couple of hours on the days he teaches so I think we might be able to swing it. If we can do that, we will be in a very comfortable situation. I sure hope it works out and thanks to the super awesome Aunt Meg.

The visit with Great Aunt Sally is very nice! She and I are having lotsa fun chatting away and walking around campus and Lafayette. She agrees that Sam is one heck of a cutie. And it sure is nice to see her -- she lives in Alaska so I don't make it out there very much. Yup, I said Alaska. I know you want to ask her about Sarah Palin, now don't you? :)


Here is a pic Aunt Sally took of Aaron and the big boy wearing a super cuddly hat made by his Great Uncle Larry! Thanks Uncle Larry! The hats look great!


And here is a pic Sally took of the painted daisies growing in her yard. These daisies grew from seeds that Aaron and I gave out as wedding favors for our wedding. Neat!

No comments: