Sunday, May 18, 2008

spring in lafayette

It has been kind of a tiring weekend. Our friends and their prof. put on a sound art festival this weekend, so we thought we should participate as much as possible. Friday night we checked out some of the festival and then Drum Kit played as something of an opening party. I didn't see the show because it was at a bar that would likely be filled with cigarette smoke, but I'm told the show went well. Saturday we met up with Juan & Sara for breakfast at the Sunrise and then checked out some yard sales, finding a random treasure or two. We also went to Columbian Park, which is a big park in Lafayette that features something of a zoo and a water park. It was really nice! The zoo is a little weird and some of it made me sad. They have monkeys and lynx that seem fairly comfy, but they had a river otter without running water to play in so that seemed sad to me. Much of the zoo is a petting zoo and there were tons of baby goats that were really cute. After that we went to some more of the festival. Today we did even more audio festival and also finished cleaning out my studio. So I'm really tired and glad to be home!

Here are some pictures from Friday. I had to take a picture of the house next door for Meg (since she's moving there in July/August!) and so I took some pictures of the dogs having fun in the grass. Clyde is super camera-shy so it's hard to get good pictures of him, but one of them is pretty good. I'm too tired to resize the images so they are big. Enjoy.

Tomorrow we go to the doctor again, so I'll update you with my numbers then. I am sure getting BIG though and I'm feeling tired of being pregnant. I get the occasional back and hip pain, I feel tired, I have to pee all the time...I am now really in the pregnant stage of being pregnant! It's not so bad I guess, but when I think of two more months of this, I feel a little anxious for it to be over! On the plus side, I am starting to sort of look forward to the birth. Previously I had only been scared, but I'm sort of excited, even though I know it will be a very challenging experience.


Mabel rolling in the grass.



Mabel.



Clyde not trying to hide from the camera!



The evil Poison Ivy that lurks throughout our yard!

No comments: