Wednesday, May 21, 2008

baby classes

So last night was our first baby class! In Lafayette Indiana, you can sign up for Lamaze or Preparation for Childbirth. When you do this, you get to take a handful of other baby classes for free. We signed up for Lamaze. We've heard a lot of mixed reviews about the value of Lamaze, but whatever, we're gonna give it a shot. Anyway, last night's freebie class was "Newborn Care". I was really excited to see what it would be like.

It was funny arriving at the place. We got there just before class started, and a few more cars were pulling in as we did. So there we are, marching into the building -- three couples, each female equally rotund. I could barely control my giggles. Something was so funny about throwing all these pregnant folks together.

The class was fine. I was a little disappointed to find out that everything the instructor talked about I had read 100 times, but Aaron seemed to get something out of it, so that was good. And we did get to play with a baby doll, practicing swaddling, and changing diapers. Aaron and I were the only couple in the room intending to use cloth diapers. I was also disappointed that we didn't get the hospital tour! For some reason I thought that was part of this class. Next Tuesday I have a breastfeeding class and the following Thursday we begin Lamaze.

Picture, 34 weeks:

No comments: