Wednesday, May 28, 2008

35 weeks

So I feel like I'm into a real countdown now. I'm feeling huge, and so is he, with clearly restricted movements and more forceful kicks. Aaron and I seem to be able to make fairly educated guesses as to which parts are poking out here and there and it just makes us so excited to meet the little guy. I can't believe that it would be healthy and ok to meet him in as little as two weeks! Though I am feeling confident I've got to wait at least five more. And actually, that's probably good because Purdue's new family leave policy will only be available for parents who give birth after July 1st. Cuttin' it close!

Last night I had my breastfeeding class. It was really good! The instructor was great and she offered lots of resources for help if (or, more likely, when) we have trouble breastfeeding. I've been a little concerned about breastfeeding -- worried about whether I'll be able to provide, how I'll deal with going back to work, etc. etc. But I feel confident that I can make it all work even if it is a bit of a challenge. I have also decided for sure which type of pump I want to get since I still anticipate going back to work, so that's a relief too! Aaron was still sick so we decided he probably should just stay home and not cough all over the pregnant ladies. There were a few of us preggo ladies unaccompanied and I knew he was there with me in spirit. He's still sick but tomorrow we have our first lamaze class so hopefully he'll feel ok to come to that!

I think I'm starting to get my end of term food cravings. I hadn't really had any, but lately I'm realizing that all I want to eat are sugary breads and dairy products! Can't imagine what I'll see on the scale next week! But I can't help it, bagels and cream cheese, ice cream, bread and peanut butter, cereal, cookies -- I just can't get enough. I have to consciously make an effort to make veggies a regular event in the diet as well. I also have feelings of being constantly hungry, but then when I eat to satisfy the urges I quickly feel stuffed. I probably need to be drinking more fluids. Heartburn is also a regular occurrence these days.

One last baby observation: He gets the hiccups every other day at least. I feel bad for the guy. He's so big now it's not like a little flicker low in my pelvis, I can feel his whole body jolt. It must be so frustrating! But I guess it means he's learning to use his lungs so that's exciting! Just a couple more weeks little guy and I'm ready whenever you are!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If most of your weight is in your belly, you look bigger cause the belly sticks out more. This is good because then you are not gaining a lot of fat pounds.

Blame Aaron for the hiccuping, he was good at it.