Saturday, April 5, 2008

Visits

I could just keep titling these posts "I'm done" over and over, because I just keep plugging along from one big step to the next. But last night I was able to get my show down (with the help of Sarah, Dad, Juan, Stephanie, and Nick) so that was the next big step. Now I just have the silly details of binding my paper and turning in my portfolio. Will take some time, but not a big deal, and they aren't due until the end of the semester.

Today I head up to Big Rapids, Michigan, with Sarah and Dad. I have to be at Aaron's friend's wedding at 4:30. Aaron is already there, as he is in the wedding party and needed to get there yesterday for the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. I had a nice long sleep (though I tossed and turned a lot without Aaron and the dogs around) but somehow I still think this wedding might wear me out. We'll see. It's been a long week, and Aaron, my crutch, will have to be in the wedding and sitting at the head table and all of that, leaving poor little pregnant Liz all by herself. Yeah, ok, maybe I get a little dramatic over these things. But I don't really like weddings that much, unless maybe I'm a little closer to the bride and groom or I get to enjoy the wine. Hey -- I'm not a big drinker, don't get me wrong -- but wine and champagne definitely make an awkward wedding a little more fun. And my sore feet and big belly will probably keep me off the dance floor, ha ha (another thing I don't partake of very often, but with weddings, cheesy 80s music, and wine, you might see me out there after all).

Anyway, I will make it through the wedding, then Sunday Aaron and I will meet up with his parents, sister, and grandma for a meal. His parents are living in Wyoming these days, but his dad is a Lutheran pastor and is performing the wedding service today (wedding is for old family friends) and so they have traveled to the Midwest. Aaron's grandma lives in Cleveland, so his parents flew to Cleveland, got grandma, drove to Grand Rapids to meet up with Aaron's sister -- it's sort of an impromptu family reunion. It will be really nice to see them, since we don't get to see each other very often, and they are probably curious to see the growing belly.

The little one is doing well I think. I haven't been able to feel him quite as often the past couple of days -- I sure don't feel him as much when I'm all preoccupied and overwhelmed with stuff. But he and I should probably get some good lazy couch time this week and I'll probably feel him saying hello a lot more. His movements are bigger these days though, and Sarah did get to feel a little push during her visit.

Before I sign off this long post, I should say it was very meaningful to me that my sisters and dad were able to come down to see my show. It's sort of like my graduation, and though I am not too into those things either, it meant a lot to see their support as I complete this three-year chapter in my life. Plus I get pretty sentimental as of late. So thanks to you guys!! (And Tom sent some Zingermans goodies as congratulations, so that was pretty fun too!) The visit has been pretty quiet: eating, playing games, and talking babies. I think I freaked Sarah out by all my diaper, breastfeeding, and circumcision talk!

So here are a couple of pictures from the visit. I meant to take more but didn't. Sarah and Dad did though, so maybe I'll get a few of those later...























1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love your guys! They are so adorable!!!!! Congrats again! :)