Thursday, April 24, 2008

fowl play

today was an eventful day.

first, i think i am developing "THE MASK OF PREGNANCY" which just sounds scary. actually, i don't even know if i have it. i get freckles in the summer and this year they look weird. like they are kind of clustered together tightly on my nose and cheek. hmmm. it's pretty subtle so far.

second, aaron and i went to see a movie tonight! it was fun. when we got to the theater there was a goose in the parking lot. we watched our movie, and when we left, the goose was still there! in the same spot! we walked along the sidewalk, keeping our distance, and it started to walk towards us. we thought it wanted some candy. then all of a sudden it started to charge us. aaron yelled "run!!" and i yelled back "i can't!!" and then i turned around and the goose had flown over aaron and was running towards me!! i started to run and it took flight towards my head. i covered my head and ducked (heh heh) and the goose flew past me, first hitting my arms with his wing or something. eek. then we got away. looks like another goose was sitting in this walled off planting bed near the theater, so this goose must have been protecting a nest?? aaron felt as though he should have done something else to protect his nest, ha ha, but there wasn't much to be done. anyway, we luckily escaped unharmed. it was pretty wacky. didn't get any pics, so you can enjoy this youtube video and imagine aaron and i in a parking lot being attacked by these geese...

1 comment:

@nne said...

What? No comments yet? Well here's mine.

I have tears of laughter right now. Pure human tears. I'm glad that the birds got the best of the humans.

I will definitely show Ms. Alice. And Charlie. They will love it.

xxoo, Anne