Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sunny Day

We had some sun in Lafayette today! So Meg, Sam, and I snuck out for a quick walk in the park across the street. So nice to get OUTSIDE. Makes everything feel better. I guess we might be in for more cold next week, but I was happy to have a hint of spring.

As for SLEEP...
Thanks for the comments you guys. I will have to try the various techniques. I don't know. It's always best if I don't worked up over it, but it's hard not to get overwhelmed as you sit listening to your baby cry, trying to judge whether it's getting more or less intense, and you know you have a million other things you should be doing, so if you aren't being productive you might as well be cuddling the poor little guy. I am not sure if it's an age-related sleep regression, if it's teething pain, or what, but that Ask Moxie site was helpful. I'd browsed around it before but didn't really get that much out of it. This time I feel like I got a lot, if only to read the plethora of different baby behavior (especially those sleep related). Again I must remind myself that 1) just because things are a certain way NOW doesn't mean they will always be that way (in fact, I guess babies are like the weather); 2) his sleep behavior is not necessarily a direct result of something I did or did not do; 3) missteps in the way I handle parenting challenges will not necessarily doom Sam to a life of struggling with the same challenges...

Other than continued struggles with sleep, we're hanging in there and having some fun times. Sam laughs and plays a lot more these days and has all sorts of fun vocal stylings. He is still working on crawling but not quite there. He just recently started trying to pull himself up on the rail of his crib -- he's a strong little guy. Oh, and he bit me while nursing for the first time today. Ouch. Not looking forward to the top teeth coming in!




he's getting hair!

No comments: