Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Springtime.

We're on spring break from school and today has felt like spring, complete with a long walk, some yard work prepping for this year's garden, and even a fire in the fire pit. Hard to believe that last year at this time I was already almost 25 weeks pregnant. Today as I was skipping out the door in my loose-again totally worn out summer pants I was reminded of last summer and my slow and laborious pregnant-lady movements. Wow.

I've been slacking with the blog so I feel there must be oodles to catch you up on...

Sleep...
Sleep got better because I just decided to forget "sleep training" and just go with Sam's schedule. We all started to get better sleep! Woohoo! THEN all of a sudden he won't sleep well at all. Well, we went up to Big Rapids to visit Grandpa E. and his sleep got all wacky and we're having trouble getting anything like a "normal" sleep schedule going again. I feel as though I could expound upon this to great length, but I don't have the energy so let's just say we're still experimenting with what works. And I guess it just changes week by week, if not day by day.

Visits...
After Sarah & Mike's visit, we went up to Big Rapids. It was a nice visit. Nice weather, got to take a few walks by the river, ate good food, watched some movies. It's too bad we don't live closer to one another.

And it looks like we'll be completing our week off with another visit to relatives. Aaron's grandmother fell and broke both of her wrists. She had to have surgery, but is doing very well. Very frightening news, but really this woman is remarkable. Over 90 and so amazingly strong. Wow. She lives alone, will be in a nursing home while she recovers, but really at this point there is no reason to believe she won't be able to go back to living alone. Anyway, we are hoping to get over to Cleveland to wish her well and spread some baby cheer.

I guess that's all. My time off is moving too fast. I have a million things to get done and have barely managed to do any of them. Such is life. If only I could stop myself from worrying about it.



1 comment:

kelly bean said...

Liz,

Sam is seriously just far too adorable.

I was just looking at the pictures and a co-worker stopped over to my desk and and saw the pics and he even said, "that kid is 'baby model' cute. seriously. some kids are cute, but this kid has 'the look' " His words, not mine. ;-)