Sunday, June 21, 2009

Cake Fun

The fondant worked! It was a mess, but it worked!!

The cake turned out pretty wacky looking since I didn't have a plan.

Aaron and I tried it today and sure enough, the icing didn't taste great. But I'm not big on marshmallows or confectioners sugar, so a chewy coating of those two ingredients is not my favorite. I think that my next cake experiment will use a regular soft kind of frosting with fondant decorations/accents. Dunno if the textures will be too weird that way, but it's worth a shot. Aaron and I did end up peeling the fondant off like an unwanted fruit peel -- not necessarily something you want in a cake!




4 comments:

Amy E. said...

I love it! Fondant isn't the tastiest stuff even if you love the ingredients. It's like eating plastic. But it looks so awesome! Can't wait to see the results of the icing/fondant combo.

Stephanie said...

Wow! it looks great!

Ingrid said...

Beautiful! Totally impressive!

Anonymous said...

Good for you. It looks great even if it doesn't taste that good. The pictures make the cake look terrific.