Thursday, September 25, 2008

hands and hair

So I know I haven't posted much. I guess it's because I feel like we're sorta just keeping at it. But Sam is 10 weeks old today!! And I guess it's just that the changes are either so constant, gradual, or fast (or somehow a mixture of all three) that it makes it hard sometimes to know what to make note of.

Sam is really working on discovering his hands! They look so much bigger and it's a lot easier to trim his fingernails too. He has also discovered his right index finger as his new pacifier and is definitely upping the amount of drool and spit bubbles. Yeah hands and mouth!

We are also enjoying regular walks in his stroller. Sam really seems to like this. He usually falls asleep eventually, but I really have hardly heard him even fuss when in his stroller and he really seems to love looking up at the trees. The only problem with the stroller is that I can't watch his face as he's looking at the world around him.

Sam is sort of on a routine of day/night, so that's cool. He usually goes to bed around 11 (or at least sometime between 10 and 11:30) and he likes to sleep in late with Mom & Dad. Usually he goes to bed in his crib, wakes up around 2:30 or 3:00 for a feeding, then again around 6:30 or so. At that wake up he's a little antsy, so usually he comes to bed with Mom & Dad for a couple more hours of sleep. We're a sleepy bunch. I'm experimenting with not doing a diaper change during the 3:00 am feeding, but so far we usually get a leak. But I have different inserts and disposables to try so we'll see what ends up working.

As for me, I'm pretty much laying low. Sleeping, doing dishes, doing laundry, wasting time on the internet, hanging out with Sam. I need to get myself a project but nothing I think of keeps me enthused. I am trying to keep up the exercising because I cannot seem to get any of this last 10 lbs to disappear, but I also cannot seem to get myself to stop eating so much sweets, breads, and dairy. Exercising makes me feel good, but some days I just can't get myself to do it. I started sewing and that felt great, but for some reason I'm reluctant to get back to it. I should make myself do it again and it would probably feel great again. Anyway, this lack of project stuff makes me do regrettable yet insignificant things like chop off my hair (by myself -- gulp) and join Facebook. Ah well. I will find some worthwhile hobbies soon. In the meantime, here are some pics of the hair that I of course don't like but need to let grow before I fix it, unless I just want to shave it all off...hmmm....

3 comments:

sadie said...

I think the hair is cute!

Rachel said...

I am a fellow hair whacker and here is your new mantra: "put down the scissors." I think it looks great, but have also many times been caught in the "need to let it grow" phase. In fact, I've been stuck in it for a year (so maybe my mantra should be to hide the scissors). ;)

Also, Sam is so cute and chunky! Glad to see you all have a good routine going.

~Rachel

Marie the ginger foxxx said...

i love your hair! you should do mine