Thursday, September 18, 2008

good day sunshine

Today I am feeling much better. Last night while washing the dishes I had a revelation. Aaron can do a 1/4 time assistantship instead of a 1/2 time one!! 1/2 time means he teaches two classes, gets tuition waived and receives a stipend. With 1/4 time he teaches just one class and gets only tuition waived. BUT that means he'd only be busy for a set 6 hours per week during the normal M-F work week. Pretty awesome. I should be able to return to work, Aaron should be able to continue school, and one of us will always be home with Sam -- no daycare!! It seems so obvious! Everything is still all up in the air and a big IF as far as work goes, but at least I now feel like it can work out ok. And I heard that my boss's boss's boss called the position "Liz's position" so at least I think they are still expecting me. If only I knew what the salary would be...

In other news, Meg, Aaron, and I took Sam for a walk in the park in his stroller (thanks Tom & Jeanette!). It was nice! So funny to be so overly conscious of the sun and his precious baby skin (so that he had to wear long sleeves and pants and socks and sometimes the umbrella on the stroller was blocking his view) but it is, afterall, precious baby skin. I think Sam is very happy to get a chance to ride in his stroller -- he has not yet fussed when in the stroller and he loves to look at the leaves blowing in the wind whenever I take him outside. He's one happy baby and I'm one happy mom!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwww!!

@nne said...

Beautiful Family!

@nne said...

To see my baby boy....

http://tinyurl.com/522fju