Thursday, September 4, 2008

8 weeks

Sam is 8 weeks old today! Big boy! We go for his 2-month appointment on the 11th. I can't wait to see his measurements.

Not a lot of news, here it is, broken down with headers for easy reading...

Sleep:
Sam is doing well! He had been giving us great sleep at night, as I had mentioned, but of course once we told people of our good fortune we jinxed ourselves and last night he woke up every hour or two! At least he got back to sleep pretty well -- I didn't need to spend an hour or so singing and rocking as I have had to some nights. I still find myself trying to discover his routines or patterns but those change so fast there really isn't a point. But we do have our rhythms and as long as I'm well-rested I can respond to his needs pretty efficiently these days.

Meeting People:
We went to see Esteban's MFA lecture today and Sam did great. Fell asleep and didn't disturb people much at all! Then we went around the school and said hello to some old profs. It's fun to show him off. It's funny to see the questions from parents vs. non-parents. Parents often ask more about how I'm doing and don't expect that I've started to do any art or get back to work or anything, where non-parents have a tendency to ask that stuff, as well as whether he's sleeping through the night and all that stuff. I realize that my expectations for our routines and behavior are based on the latter, as I was a non-parent. Now reality shows me, and other parents confirm, that this time is definitely totally focused on baby and survival, ha ha.

Sam's grandma comes tonight! So that will be nice. We're really looking forward to her visit.

Health and Recovery:
Also, my bleeding stopped. Dunno if it would be considered a period or what, but I'm gonna assume it's normal unless my body gives me any warning signs. I'm guessing things will just be irregular there for the next number of months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy bday Sam!!!!
Liz, shoot me an email when you get a chance. Seems I lost your email AGAIN.

Anonymous said...

Missssss youuuu! We should meet at the tot lot for lunch on pretty days!