Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sam snippets

We're all sick. This is the first time we've all come down with a cold at the same time. Sort of the first time Sam has had a cold, so I guess I shouldn't complain. He's had a 24 hour stomach flu (that was awful) and then I think he had a cold a while ago, but it was very mild and short-lived. So this is the first time where we're stuck inside for days, all coughing, sneezing, and stuffy nosed. All of us. Uck. But I think Sam and I are on the mend. Aaron isn't sure he is yet. I hope we're all feeling better real soon because Christmas is right around the corner and we have oodles of visitors a-comin'.

Sick or not, I'm leaving the house tomorrow to get a haircut, if nothing else. It's been many months. I have bad highlights growing out that I can't do anything about really since I'm pregnant, but at least getting rid of the fuzzy ends will hopefully make things feel better! And I better decide on something to make for Christmas dinner and hit the grocery store as well.

Sam is so funny. He's been such a charmer lately. The other night he was drawing with his dad beside the Christmas tree, listening to an old Christmas record and he just told us "me happy, me happy". We said, "you're happy??" and he said "'kay." (he says okay for any positive yes word). Then he asked his dad if he was happy, then he asked me if I was happy. Then he looked at me around the chair and said "kiss!" and asked me to come over and give him a kiss. What a sweetheart.

And tonight while prolonging actually going to bed, he wanted to sing me a song. He stood in front of me with his hands clasped behind his back and smiled coyly, then covered his face and giggled. I suggested the Lollipop Guild song from Wizard of Oz. I asked if he wanted me to sing it with him and he said "No!" So then he built up the courage to perform, singing "Lollipop Guild! Lollipop Guild!" over and over, starting off shy and soon dancing all through the house.

Also tonight he did a lot of singing "Barbara Ann" with his dad; Aaron used his plastic microphone while Sam played his guitar with a makeshift guitar strap he put together. He was really hamming it up. Got into Huey Lewis' "Power of Love" too.

Oh! And also prolonging bedtime tonight: He wanted to drink some water and surely spilled a little on his pants. I said, "Don't worry, it will dry." He fussed about getting some dry pants. I gave in with a huffy "Fine." (because I'm so grown up and mature) and gave him a dirty look. As I left the room to get the dry pants he said "Love you too, Mom."

And another cute moment... Aaron was coughing in the other room and Sam said "D sick?" (Dad is always D). I said "yes." Sam said "me sick too." and then "mom." (because mom is sick too). Then he asked "Baby?" haha. I said "No Sam, I think the baby is ok." He'll give me bites of food for the baby too.

And speaking of baby. We have such the wiggle worm here! He's always rolling and tumbling around. I think I can kind of feel him from the outside now too. We have made little progress on names (please, feel free to share suggestions). I also have realized that I'm kind of sad that I won't be having a daughter. I'm not sad that our new guy is a boy, but since we're not (at this point in our lives) planning to have more than two children, this is it. I will be a mom of two sons. I guess I just always imagined I'd have a daughter. I feel really silly or guilty to say it, but it's true. I want excuses to buy stupidly cute little girl things and all of that. But announcing this loud and publicly seems to help me get over it. I love my little boy now, and I'm sure it will be love at first sight with my second little guy too. And how nice that they are brothers and will have each other. Still, those of you with baby girls watch out. I may just have to shower you with girl stuff.

No comments: