Monday, November 10, 2008

Four Months Old!!

Happy Birthday Sam!!




In non-birthday news:

So. I don't have a job after all! The flexible schedule turns out to be the option of working 8:30-5:30 instead of the normal 7:45-4:45. I guess my potential new boss thought things could be more flexible than they really can be, because I'm sure when she said I'd be able to work around my husband's teaching schedule, she didn't think he'd be done by 8:30 in the morning. SO, I turned down the job.

Right move?

I dunno.

I guess so. I shouldn't think that was my best and only option when I've only just begun my job search. It wasn't exactly what I wanted to be doing, the pay was bad, the atmosphere was undesirable, they couldn't be flexible with scheduling, and there was no upward mobility.

But what if I don't get another job?

Today's plan: Temp. Check out temp agencies and substitute teaching. Something to bring in some money but not tie me down to something I don't want to be doing. And hell, maybe something good will come along. And if it doesn't. PHARMACY. oh yeah.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 4 month Birthday Sam.
What a wonderful, happy, smiling baby boy. Looking at these pictures brings such joy to my heart. Thank you for posting.
Something else will come along, job wise. Looking into the Pharmacy program is a terrific idea.
Hugs to all of you, with love
sally

kelly bean said...

Sam is SUCH the cutie :-D

@nne said...

Wow...the changes since I saw him only 3 weeks ago! What a beautiful boy!

Re: Job. Hang in there. It takes time to find the right place. Time. This is the cliche of cliches, but when one door closes...another... yes, opens.

I have a feeling that this door was not the right one for you to walk thru and it's good that it closed.

Keep at it. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. I'm thinking...

margaret e said...

I'm so glad that you didn't take that low paying, inflexable, dead end job in the dumpy office! ;)

Sam is so sweet and round and chub. Yea, four months old! All my babies were so chubby, except Michael he was normally chubby. I remember worrying that he was too thin. When I look back at the pictures I have to laugh. It wasn't that he was thin, it was just that the others were so big!

Beaming good job finding energy your way.

@nne said...

Margaret - You said it best! Liz -- that door opened to a place that wasn't right for you.

My babies were chubby too! Let's here it for the cutest healthiest babies ever!

@nne said...

Aaron, you look so handsome in the picture!