Monday, November 17, 2008

Called the doctor.

So I called the doctor this am and my doc is out for the week and she didn't leave any instructions in Sam's chart, just a note that she looked at the lump (or divot, as it looked like on Thursday). So we are going to see another doctor tomorrow at 8:30 am. I'm a little curious to see if we like another doctor more than our current one, so this may be good for that too. We'll see. I'll let you know what he says.

Last I checked the white puss had drained and it is just a very slight pink lump.

I'm currently getting more and more worked up about the idea of surgery but this hasn't even officially been diagnosed as anything yet so I should try to keep my worries in check. But if it IS a fistula and if they DO need to cut it out, they COULD POSSIBLY remove too much of the sphincter making him INCONTINENT. Ugh. That's just tragic for me to imagine.....I hope my little guy is ok. It's amazing how quickly your children become your heart and soul.

2 comments:

Marie the ginger foxxx said...

intuition is almost always right, but dont worry too much~even if he has to have something like surgery, i am sure any negative after effects are slim to none. Its just a little bump in the road! (literally and metaphorically)

@nne said...

Try not to worry Liz. I know it's hard. You can ask for the risk percentage. Then use your good brain to weigh the cost/benefits. Also, ask the surgeon any and all questions. You can always opt to get a second opinion & go with another surgeon if it comes to that.

xxoo