Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Still Focused

So last night, or this morning, or something, my contractions felt more intense and cramp like. This morning, I passed some mucus plug. Yeah. Gross to write but whatever, I realized I liked the log I had with my previous pregnancy so some details will now ensue. It had more blood this time. Contractions have remained PAINFUL today but are short, and far apart. Very far apart sometimes.

Recently, I have had a series of potentially timeable very painful contractions. I have been somewhat active after a long afternoon nap though (doing yardwork). I have tried to remain hydrated but now I'm sitting on the couch drinking water so we'll see if they just fizzle out.

False alarms and false labor seem to be a lot of what's going on with me right now, but I can say that I really think he has dropped. The pressure is low. The contractions have changed because now I really must stop what I'm doing to deal with them. I didn't have contractions like this with Sam's pregnancy until it was the real thing. But the contractions are still very far apart and sometimes just 30 seconds.

Well, I'll keep an eye out and of course keep the blog updated. We may still have weeks to go. Or. You know. It could happen any minute.

1 comment:

Amy E. said...

Whether this is the real thing or not, I hope you're hanging in there! We're thinking of you out here in California. It sounds like even if today isn't the big event, that the contractions are at least making some difference!