Sunday, April 17, 2011

Getting closer


Our big guy! (He often calls himself "big guy" -- "watch out! big guy coming through!" or explains things he's doing with "that's what big guys do")


Going to the park in his little car with Aunt Meg. A chilly spring morning.


Wax crayon for Easter eggs!


Sam's first time dying Easter eggs. He loves hard boiled eggs so he thought it was pretty neat. We just did a few since he gets bored easily these days. Here I am 38 weeks pregnant. You cannot see the belly in all it's giant glory.


Easter eggs.


Belly shot from a couple of weeks ago.


Sometimes candid belly shots are most revealing. Here Sam and I are "dancing" (usually ends up meaning running) to the Footloose soundtrack.


I just wanted to share some pictures FINALLY. So there you have it.

This has been a nice weekend. Aaron totally spoiled me yesterday -- let me sleep in late, made me waffles. I had to work in the afternoon, but after that we went out to dinner (just the two of us! I gorged on Indian food) and we watched a movie. It was rejuvenating. I'm still sick but it was just what I needed. Today was lazy for me (though I have plenty I should be doing) and included a big breakfast, Easter egg dying, playing at the park, and a barbecue. Tonight I've had some fantastic contractions that are nice and strong, a little crampy, and even made me feel a little weak/light headed. But they are few and far between. I could still have weeks waiting for the little one to arrive.

I am 38 weeks today. Sam was born at just over 41 weeks. No matter how you look at it, we are close.

3 comments:

Ingrid said...

Oh my gosh - you are beautiful... Sam is BIG.. and your baby is coming so soon.... oh how I wish I could be there!

margaret e said...

Yes, you are close. Thanks for sharing the photos and the excitement. You both look wonderfully vibrant, even though you're still feeling sick. Hope you get better soon.

Loved the explanation of the name choice :)

Stephanie said...

You look lovely!!