Friday, March 19, 2010

ARIZONA!!


I am at the Phoenix airport. We got here entirely too early and Sam and Aaron are off burning off some energy while I take advantage of the free wifi. Hopefully I won't use up too much battery power so we can watch movies on the plane if need be.

Sam did a great job on the flight out. I was so impressed! But aren't I always impressed with that kiddo. We have a stop in Salt Lake City each way, and Sam got pretty antsy towards the end of that first flight (Indy to Salt Lake), but he slept for pretty much the entire second flight (even though it was short).

So, all in all, traveling with a toddler is way more doable than I first anticipated. I hope I'm not jinxing our return trip!! We had only a few minor melt downs since we all but skipped nap time and attempted to keep him on nature trails instead of running off and, you know, falling into the Grand Canyon or something. We saw real sun and felt real warmth and saw cactus and a lizard. But most importantly we had a great time with our good friends Ingrid and Tain. Plus they have two kitties that Sam fell deeply in love with. So much so that Sam says "wow wow" for "meow" when he wants to see the kitties, and even says "litties!" to ask for cats! The cats of course were scared of him and Sam was so disappointed that they were playing "hard to get". He also really took to Ingrid and Tain and even started to say Ingrid's name (Ingy!).

The landscape here is beautiful and it was definitely great to get away from Indiana.

Now for some pics!!









No comments: