Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fall


It is autumn! So nice! Weather is cool (sometimes cold) trees are changing, leaves are falling, we get to wear long sleeves. It feels nice.

I didn't get a call on Friday about the job, so that sounds like a big ol' no. I was pretty down on Friday but bounced right back on Saturday and am feeling ok about the rejection.

I am still super busy bouncing from one job to the next, but all in all they are going fine and I'm thankful that I'm only working full time until December. I seriously feel bad for working parents. It's hard to feel so divided from my son. I am not away from home THAT much, but I am away a significant part of each day and when I am home I usually have job stuff on my mind and my attention feels diverted. It's a terrible feeling. But I'm so grateful that I have more than a few hours each day hanging out with Sam. I really couldn't imagine getting off at 5 only to put him to bed at 8:00. So I'm glad I didn't get that full time library job. And I'm glad I didn't get the professor job in Indy. And I sorta think this job stuff is all working out the way it should. So maybe getting the gallery job wouldn't have been the right thing either. Who knows.

And finally: Some very fun autumn pics of the growing TODDLER!





No comments: