Monday, September 28, 2009

Stuff

Let's see. I'm still crazy busy. I'm working full time, really, with my three part-time jobs. Aaron is full time too, with school and teaching 1/2 time. We're so lucky Meg is next door and we can pay her to watch Sam. Even so, we basically constantly trade off all day long as one goes to work and the other watches Sam. This is not the ideal situation. I think I'm happier working outside of the home, but I'm not happier working THIS MUCH outside of the home. I'm exhausted. There is no time to catch up on sleep. When I'm with Sam my mind is split and I'm worried about keeping up with work. The dishes pile up, the dog fur piles up. Things are not ideal. But it's temporary.

On the plus side, I am liking teaching more. Community college is offering it's own unique challenges but I like it. My drawing classes at the university are going great, despite a few awkward demos here and there. The job at the library is good but a little awkward, since I'm not there much and it's a new position both for me and for the library. But I like it. I interviewed for yet another job last week. It's the part time gallery coordinator position at the art school. The one I applied for last year but didn't even get a call on. Well there are new people in charge and I learned some tricks about how to get the resume through HR so I did actually manage an interview. It went well and I think I stand a chance, but I no longer attempt to predict whether an offer will come. It's definitely as likely not to as it is to and I am trying not to think about it too much. The problem is it's a 20 hr/wk job with benefits and the month of July is off so in my head it starts to sound like the ideal solution. But in reality I know the department and I know the job and it is never like you picture in your head. So who knows. It's a national posting and I was the first of three candidates interviewed so I am certainly not expecting an offer. I should hear at the end of the week. If I don't get it, it's fine. I have the library job year-round and I will most likely be able to pick up an adjunct class at one of the schools.

Sam is doing great. He's so smart. So funny. Does new cool things everyday. He can now sign for: ball, hungry, baby, bath, dad, play...he has his own signs for dog (sticking his tongue way out and panting) and I'm sure some other things too. He now likes to dip back in the tub during bath time, with his head in the water. He seems to love how that feels, lying in the tub. He kicks his leg like he's swimming on his back. The water is of course very shallow and I'm holding him the whole time, but he seems to just love this sensation and it's so cute to watch him. He also likes it when I blow bubbles with the soap. Bath time is lots of fun for Sam. He seems to also like the change in weather, as it's moving to fall. I think he likes the wind. We shake our heads and laugh when the wind blows our hair around. He gets around fast now and can just sort of run in circles for quite a while and finds that very amusing.

I swear I'll clear off picasa and post some new pics.

By the way, have you heard about the family who had their kids taken away from child protective services because they had some photos printed of their kids during bathtime? Wow. I guess I better be super cautious about Sam bathtime pics. Sheesh.

No comments: