Sunday, August 2, 2009

End of Summer.

meow!

We are feeling the end of summer. The semester begins in just about three weeks. Eeeek. So we're trying to enjoy our free time while also trying to be as productive as possible before we get very busy.

This fall Aaron is in school full time and teaching two classes and I will be teaching a total of three classes. So we'll be busy. Meg will be helping watch Sam during our busiest days. I've been trying to get together my syllabi and assignments. Sometimes I'm really into this teaching stuff.

Also, I have a craft fair in Indianapolis coming up in October, and a solo show in November. So I need to be making stuff. I've started making baby and toddler hats. See one of my trial runs on Sam above. I like them! And they are super fast to make. A little derivative and not that unique, but cute and I think I can sell them at low price points because they don't take much labor. Most of all, though, they are fun and everything is fun if you have a cute little baby to put them on.

So, things are busy. But pretty good I guess. Here is Sam having fun on the playground.

OH: and walking update: He is not really ready to be walking on his own. He makes sure to grip our fingers tight so we can't slip them out of his little kung fu grip. It will come.

Talking update: He still hasn't said his first word, unless "Bye" counts. He does now try to make a "woof" sound that comes out "ppfooofff" and he also does a "shhh" with his finger to his mouth and that similar "pffff" noise when we are trying to be sneaky.




1 comment:

Stephanie said...

end of summer? boo! you hush! haha :)

love the hat!!!